View all facilities

Fountain Hills Desert Botanical Garden

Documents

Desert Sonoran Botanical Garden Brochure (PDF)

History & Location


The Fountain Hills Botanical Garden was founded by Jane Haynes in 1975 as a wildlife preserve and garden. The Garden is 8 acres with elevation from 1696 to 1800 feet.

Streets that surround the area are Palomino (South), Burro (West), Ocotillo Way (North) and Fountain Hills Boulevard (East). Emerald Wash is part of the Garden.

On December 14, 2006, the Society and the Town of Fountain Hills agreed to restore the original garden trail as an educational and hiking destination.

Plants & Wildlife


Twenty nine Sonoran Desert plants are identified along the half mile meandering trail that has been constructed on the desert slopes. The trail allows for interesting views of rock formations, desert flora, animal life and an abandoned P-Bar Ranch campsite next to the April 25, 1941 constructed dam wall.