Western Bike Loop
- Elevation - 2,555' MSL
- Coordinates - N33º 21' 27" W111º 38' 01"
- Elevation Change -
- Difficulty - Moderate
- Trail Length - 0.3 miles
The trailhead for the McDowell Mountain Preserve trail system is located at the end of Golden Eagle Blvd. There are facilities at the trailhead and signage that will guide you through the Eagles Nest community to the Dixie Mine trail where there is a $2 per person access fee to enter the park.
Trailhead Address: 14425 E. Golden Eagle Blvd, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
- Stay on designated and posted trails.
- No smoking, fireworks, or open flame.
- No motor vehicles except in designated parking areas.
- Dogs must be on a physical leash at all times, and owners must posses a waste container & immediately pick up all waste and deposit in a trash receptacle.
- Do not disturb wildlife or alter, deface, place or remove any materials, including rocks, animals or vegetation, alive or dead.
- No alcohol or glass containers.
- No horses.
- No hunting, trapping or otherwise harming or harassing any wildlife.
- Bring ample water and a cell phone.
- Be aware of extreme heat:
- Limit activity to the cooler parts of the day.
- Wear light colored clothing, a hat, & sunscreen.
- Leave your dog at home.
- Wear sturdy footwear.
- Tell a friend or family member where you are going and when you plan to return.
- Leave valuables at home, or lock them out of view in your trunk.
- Be considerate of other trail users - you are all here for the same reason.
- Bicyclist should yield to all other users.
- Always travel at safe speeds.
- Do not use trails when wet or muddy.
- Sound travels far in the desert environment, so please speak quietly.