Bereavement Support Group
- Day: 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month
- Time: 1 - 2:30 p.m.
- Description: A trained bereavement counselor from Hospice of the Valley presides over the bereavement meetings. The meetings are for all persons interested in the bereavement process including, but not limited to, the following: depression, loss of a loved one, loss of a pet, loss of a job, divorce, separation or anything else that changes someone’s outlook on life.
Caregivers Support Group
- Day: 1st Monday of each month
- Time: 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m
- Description: Usually, support groups focus on the particular disease that is affecting family life. This support group focuses on the caregiver. Join this group and share experiences and learn how to relieve some of the stress that comes with being a caregiver.
Healthy Living Support Group
- Day: 2nd Wednesdays of each month
- Time: 10 a.m. - Noon
- Description: Healthy is not a goal - it is a way of living. Our mission is to create healthy living by providing an open forum for discussing health issues of interest to participants. We explore topics such as: Diet changes for improved health; Environmental toxins; State-of-the-art laboratory testing; The chronic disease epidemic; non-drug approaches to wellness.
Please join us each month for information on current theories, Q&A sessions, and more!
- No fee or membership required.
- Support Group leader is: Allyn Krieger-Fiedler, NMD, Naturopathic Medical Doctor.
Surviving Cancer Support Group -
- Day: 2nd Thursday of each month
- Time: 3 - 4 p.m.
- Description: Have you recently been diagnosed with cancer or are you currently undergoing radiation or chemo therapy? Our cancer sharing group will provide a safe, confidential place for you to share with others. Group members experience and create a caring, uplifting, and supportive environment with others who understand what it is like to be touched by cancer. Our group meetings will offer:
- Community resources
- Educational presentations by therapists, nurses, and other cancer professionals
- Information resources and websites
- Medication management
- Nutrition resources
- Relaxation and coping techniques
- Social connections
- You will get help and also be able to help others
Parkinson's Support Group
- Day: 1st Wednesday of each month.
- Time: 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Description: All meetings are centered around those with Parkinson's Disease, caregivers, family, friends, neighbors, and all other interested parties. Reservations are necessary and there is no fee.
Diabetes Support Group
Date: 1st Monday of each month
Time: 1-3:00 p.m.
Location: Town of Fountain Hills Community Center
No fee or membership required.
No pre-registration required.